Serious Injury from Vaccination
Vaccine Litigation Attorneys
Vaccines protect millions of Americans from life-threatening and contagious diseases. Most adverse reactions are mild or temporary. But for a few, the damage from tainted vaccines or side effects is as bad — or far worse — than the illness it was meant to prevent.
If you or your child suffered lasting injury or grave illness from an immunization, contact the law firm Dempsey & Kingsland, P.C. at 816-421-6868. Trial lawyer Lee Dempsey has the experience and background in medical litigation to sue on your behalf. We offer a free case evaluation.
Our Landmark Case
Dempsey & Kingsland represented a 7-year-old Kansas City boy, Mario Arturo Rodriguez, who was immunized for MMR (measles, mumps and rubella) at a local hospital. Mario’s body reacted badly to the vaccine, leaving him permanently quadriplegic. In 2000, we settled this case for $43.1 million — one of the largest awards ever — to cover a lifetime of round-the-clock care and special medical needs.
Vaccine Injury Litigation
To discourage direct lawsuits against vaccine manufacturers that could threaten nationwide immunization programs, the federal government established the National Vaccine Injury Compensation Program (NVICP) to ensure legal recourse for victims like Mario.
- Lawsuits over the safety of the vaccine itself are brought before the NVICP. Dempsey & Kingsland has the extensive experience in product liability and medical litigation to establish the connection between the vaccine and the injury.
- A hospital or immunization clinic may be sued for giving the wrong vaccine or wrong dose, for infection from non-sterile procedures, or for inadequate medical response to a severe reaction.
Contact us if there was a serious adverse outcome from a vaccine, such as death, paralysis or nerve damage, organ damage, brain damage, degenerative disease or chronic pain/chronic fatigue. We can evaluate any case, including:
- Influenza vaccines (flu shot or nasal spray)
- Infant and school-age vaccines: MMR, DTaP (diphtheria/tetanus/whooping cough), polio, chickenpox
- Hepatitis B
- Human papillomavirus (HPV)
Dempsey & Kingsland provides vaccine litigation services to Kansas City area clients in both Missouri and Kansas. We offer a free initial consultation. Call 816-421-6868 (toll free) or contact us online.