When you undergo surgery, whether to remove a cancerous tumor or to replace a vital organ, you expect your surgeon to perform the surgery with the utmost precision and care. Not only do you put your complete trust in the surgeon, you rely on the nurses and other professionals on the surgical team to make sure the procedure goes smoothly.
Unfortunately, the surgery may unexpectedly go wrong. A botched surgery can lead to the development of serious injuries, infections and even paralysis. If you or a family member is experiencing severe pain due to a surgical error, you may be able to bring a medical malpractice claim.
The surgical error attorneys at Dempsey & Kingsland, P.C., are dedicated to obtaining maximum compensation for victims suffering from paralysis and surgical negligence. Our surgical error attorneys assist clients with their medical malpractice claims in Kansas and Missouri. Contact our Kansas city law office at 816-421-6868 for a free case evaluation.
Types of Surgical Errors
A patient may suffer from severe pain, disfigurement, infection, paralysis, a subsequent illness or even death as a direct result of surgical negligence. We protect the rights of individuals who have been victims of several types of surgical errors, including:
- Failing to adequately explain the risks of surgery to the patient
- Performing surgery on the wrong body part
- Performing the wrong type of surgery on the patient
- Performing the surgery with unsterile equipment
- Leaving a foreign object, such as medical instrument, in the patient’s body
- Improperly administering and monitoring anesthesia
- Botching cosmetic, reconstructive or plastic surgery resulting in disfigurement
- Failure to treat infections or complications that arise during or after surgery
If you have been injured or a family member has died as a result of a surgical error, talk to an attorney to explore a possible medical malpractice or wrongful death claim.
Experienced and Compassionate Representation
The surgical error attorneys at Dempsey & Kingsland, P.C., are committed to providing victims of surgical negligence with compassionate and aggressive representation. We strive to get you the full compensation you deserve. Contact our experienced medical malpractice attorneys today at 816-421-6868 for a free case evaluation.
Our offices are located in Kansas City. Free parking is available. We offer evening and weekend appointments. We can also visit seriously injured clients at their home or hospital.