Consequences of Misdiagnosed Cancer
The negligent failure to diagnose cancer is a medical error that usually has grave consequences for the patient. Negligently misdiagnosing cancer as some other condition is equally dangerous because it also delays the treatment of the real disease-cancer. At Dempsey & Kingsland, P.C., our medical malpractice lawyers have helped numerous people whose illness has been made worse by the misdiagnosis or failure to diagnose cancer. With cancer treatment, time is of the essence. Negligent misdiagnosis or delays in treatment of cancer can turn treatable cancer into a death sentence.
Contact us today to schedule a free initial consultation about your case. Call toll free 816-421-6868.
Causes of Cancer Diagnosis Errors
Some of the most common cancer diagnosis mistakes include:
- Failure to identify an obvious lump during breast examination
- Not ordering x-rays, CT scans or MRI’s
- Failure to properly read or evaluate test results, such as Pap smears, mammograms, or MRI’s
- Not recognizing common symptoms of a type of cancer
- Mistaking a tumor for an infection or diagnosing the tumor as benign
- Failing to follow up on test results
- Neglecting to order a biopsy or other tests
- Not following up with the patient or ordering future tests
At Dempsey & Kingsland, P.C., our attorneys have handled a wide range of cancer diagnosis cases. Recent cases include those involving colon cancer, breast cancer, and Hodgkin’s disease. Visit our results page to learn about our cancer misdiagnosis cases.
Common Types of Cancer Misdiagnosis
Cancers such as breast cancer, brain cancer, cervical cancer, ovarian cancer, colorectal cancers, lung cancer, pancreatic cancer, melanoma, thoracic cancer, and prostate cancer are among the most frequently misdiagnosed. Our law firm has handled these types of cancer misdiagnosis cases and more, obtaining financial awards for clients and their families that allowed them to start recovering with less financial worry. To learn how we can put this experience to work for you, contact a medical malpractice misdiagnosis lawyer at Dempsey & Kingsland, P.C. Call toll free: 816-421-6868. We offer a free initial consultation, and charge nothing until we recover compensation for you.