The Accomplished and Respected Trial Attorneys Of Dempsey & Kingsland, P.C.
Robert D. Kingsland
Mr. Kingsland is a co-founder of the Dempsey and Kingsland firm and has practiced in the area of medical negligence, catastrophic injury and death litigation since 1984.
Mr. Kingsland is rated “AV” by the Martindale Hubbell attorney rating service. Mr. Kingsland has been selected for membership in the American Board of Trial Advocates along with Superlawyers of Missouri and Kansas. He has also been selected for membership in The National Trial Lawyers: Top 100 Trial Lawyers for the year 2014. Mr. Kingsland has been a member of the Board of Governors of the Missouri Association of Trial Attorneys since 1999 and he served as a member of the Board of Directors of the Jackson County Law Library for more than 8 years. He has lectured on topics pertaining to trial practice and is a co-author of various articles published in the MATA Journal. Additionally, Mr. Kingsland is the author of an article, “Gall Bladder Surgery Gone Bad: Handling the Bowel Perforation Case,” which has been accepted for publication by a nationally circulated, peer-reviewed magazine, Trial. He is listed in the Marquis Who’s Who in America and is a member of the Million Dollar Advocates Forum.
Mr. Kingsland is a 1975 graduate of Georgetown University and a 1981 graduate of Georgetown University Law School. He is licensed to practice in both Missouri and Kansas. He is also licensed to practice in various United States Courts including the United States Supreme Court.
Mr. Kingsland has litigated numerous cases in which the awards have equaled or exceeded $1 million. In 2007, Mr. Kingsland negotiated a $5 million settlement in a wrongful death case arising from an eighteen-wheel-truck/passenger car collision. Missouri Lawyer Weekly listed this case as one of the five largest settlement cases in the State of Missouri for 2007.
Mr. Kingsland has successfully litigated numerous complex medical negligence, catastrophic injury and death cases in various state and federal courts both in Missouri and Kansas.
- Speaker, National Business Institute, Advanced Issues in Personal Injury Litigation (two presentations): 1) Using Medical Records to Win Your Case & 2) Getting the Most Out of Expert Witnesses, Overland Park, Kansas, June 2015.
- Speaker, Kansas City Metropolitan Bar Association, Deposing & Cross-Examining Opposing Medical Experts, Kansas City, Missouri, October 2014.
- Speaker, National Business Institute, Trial of the Personal Injury Case & Personal Injury Settlements, Overland Park, Kansas, August 2014.
- Speaker, Missouri Bar Association Solo Small Firm Conference (two presentations), 1) Direct and Cross Examination of Expert Witness Physicians & 2) Treatment Gone Bad: Spotting Medical Negligence Cases in PI and Workers’ Compensation Cases, Branson, Missouri, June 2014.
- Speaker, National Business Institute, Medical Experts and Records, Overland Park, Kansas, April 2014.
- Speaker, National Business Institute, Mental Health Expert Witness Strategies, national webcast, November 2013.
- Speaker, LawReview CLE, Medical Experts in Civil Litigation, national webcast, June 2012.
- Speaker, National Business Institute, Effective Use of Medical Records and Medical Experts in Civil Litigation, national webcast, February 2012.
- Speaker, National Business Institute, Medical Malpractice from A to Z, Overland Park, Kansas, June 2011.
- Speaker, National Business Institute, Plaintiff’s Personal Injury: Start to Finish, Overland Park, Kansas, June 2010.
- Speaker, National Business Institute, Tackling Advanced Medical Malpractice Issues, Overland Park, Kansas, May 2009.
- Speaker, National Business Institute, Handling the Auto Injury Claim, Kansas City, Missouri, October 2008.
- Speaker, Kansas City Metropolitan Bar Association, Tort Law Update, Kansas City, Missouri, June 2007.
- Speaker, Kansas City Metropolitan Bar Association, MATA Trial Tips, Kansas City, Missouri, March 2001.
Leland F. Dempsey
Lee Dempsey is a founding member of the firm and has practiced in personal injury and medical malpractice litigation for more than 25 years. He has achieved significant settlements and jury awards for clients in permanent and catastrophic injury cases and other high profile litigation in the Kansas City area.
Mr. Dempsey is routinely recognized by his legal peers for successful client advocacy, including designation in the law publications Best of the Bar, Kansas/Missouri Super Lawyers and Outstanding Lawyers of America. He also received the AV rating through Martindale-Hubbell and listed in Strathmore’s Who’s Who of American Lawyers. He serves on the Board of Governors of the Missouri Association of Trial Attorneys and is co-chair of its Amicus Committee.
Lee Dempsey is a 1982 graduate of Tulane University and is licensed to practice in both Missouri and Kansas. He is also licensed to practice before the United States District Court in Missouri and Kansas, the United States Federal Court of Claims and the 8th and 10th U.S. Circuit Courts of Appeal.
Read more about our attorneys through the links below, or to learn about the qualified and friendly support staff working for you at Dempsey & Kingsland, P.C.
To contact our attorneys about a serious injury or loved one’s death in a free consultation, call our office at 816-421-6868 or e-mail us.